I-Tech was spun out from Gothenburg university in the year 2000. Our product is based on the ground-breaking findings around a unique concept of repelling barnacles, in a non-fatal way, from attaching to hard surfaces in contrast to more traditional ways of preventing barnacle build up by generating toxic interfaces using elevated concentrations of substances with fatal effect. I-Tech (interface Technologies) entered the market via a large MISTRA (governmental research funding) project as well as private equity sponsored activities which funded the filing of a dossier for compound approval to the European Chemical Agency in 2009. . With a complete dossier (which included30-40 000 pages of risk-assessment) in hand, I-Tech also submitted the required contents to regulatory bodies in China, Japan and Korea. In addition, I-Tech filed the global trade mark registration for its product Selektope® (generic name medetomdine).
What have been the milestones so far in your company development?
– Generate a high top line growth with improving gross margins
– A few quarters with positive EBITDA figures at this early stage of the growth curve.
– Roll out of a range of antifouling products for various vessel types by our leading customer, Chugoku Marine Paints
What are your most important markets, segments and customers?
– The global marine antifouling coating market with emphasis on products for commercial vessel use
– The large coating OEMs are main customers comprising among others Hempel, Chugoku (CMP), PPG, Jotun and others. Some of which we hope for in the years to come.
Where do you see the company five years from now?
– A highly profitable company with continuous growth.
– Our product being a standard ingredient in most high performing antifouling coatings
What are your priorities within 2020/21?
– Customer focus and improved position within all our supporting structures
Why should one consider adding your company into their portfolio?
– Our company will drive high returns in a market with continuous demands over very long business cycles
– Our product contributes to a more sustainable shipping industry in the snece that it supports improved fuel efficiency (high hull performance) and reduces risk of transportation of invasive species.